How to face heat stress and seasonal infertility on boars.
- Control the exposure to light, ensuring at least 12 hours with a 250-LUX intensity.
- Feed during the coolest times of the day or divide the feed in several doses.
- Use cooling systems ( cooling panels or air conditioning ).
- Maintain an adequate renewal of boars to cope with the possible fall in productivity in summer
- Offer them a nutritional complement for boars to guarantee the optimum intake of the essential micronutrients, vitamins and amino acids necessary to maximize their sperm production. We recommend Espermaplus, since it was specially designed by the R&D Veterinary department of Magapor.
- Clean water with enough flow (2-3 litres/ min) at their disposal at all times.
- Perform the seminal collection at the coolest times of the day and air-condition the collection area
- In outdoor facilities, provide shades.