Water is the essential dilution element of the extender and it cannot alter the physical-chemical equilibrium or contribute any toxicity, so it is essential to choose correctly the type of water to be used.
As we have seen in previous posts, we have two possibilities to obtain quality water. On the one hand, we can use Type II packaged distilled water or produce it in our center.
If we decide to produce our own water at the center, we must ensure that we obtain the highest possible quality to avoid any future problems. Ideally, we should use drinking water from the network and carry out a purification process to eliminate any particles in it.
In our catalog we incorporate the reverse osmosis unit: OSMO6.
Osmo6 is specifically designed for seminal doses production in boar studs. Produces Pure Water Type II (ASTM) from drinkable water.
Production from 240 liters/day.
The resistivity of pure water produced is ≥5 MΩ.cm at 25ºC. Pure water meets or exceeds quality standards of ASTM, CAP, CLSI and ISO 3696 / BS 3997.
How it works?
- Pretreatment by activated granular coal filter 99% of the possible organic matter in suspension, 99% of possible heavy metals, and 99.999% of hypochlorite present in the water.
- The reverse osmosis membrane rules out 99.999% of organic matter and 94-98% of total dissolved solids.
- Resin filters remove all the suspended solids up to the trace level.
- Finally the amicrobic filter ensures good quality Microbiological Water Type II.
- The process is complemented by the installation of a UV lamp located inside the storage tank.
- The conductivity sensors installated constantly monitor the quality of water produced at every stage.
In order to guarantee the good performance of the equipment, it is essential to maintain the filters, tanks, etc., to ensure optimum water quality.
It is advisable to periodically check the water quality by performing physical-chemical or microbiological analyses. If you want to know how we perform them in Magapor, take a look at our Social Networks and learn all the details.